Sarah has worked as a children’s nanny since the age of 19, in 1994 she took a break from her role to attend a full-time 2 year Diploma course, at the end of the course in 1996 she was asked to care for a set of premature twins for a period of 6 months, this led on to more nanny work including a high profile role.
In 2000 Sarah came across Montessori whilst a little boy she was looking after attended a Montessori nursery. Immediately taken with this wonderful way of communicating and teaching children she attended Winchester Montessori College and began her training.
- 25 Years experience in childcare ranging from looking after premature twins to teenagers.
- Running her own Business, Poppins’ Childcare since 2007.
- A Diploma in Nursery Nursing (Completed 2006)
- A Montessori Teaching Diploma (Completed 2000)
- Qualified as a Registered Childminder (Completed 2011) No EY422333
- An up to date Criminal Records Bureau check (CRB)
- Paediatric first aid ( St Johns Ambulance)
- Food hygiene level 2
- Child protection training Level 3
- Child protection training Level 4
- EYFS Training
- Makaton Training (Children’s sign language)
- Experience with sleep training
- Experience with potty training and potty learning
- Experience with children’s feeding problems
- A through understanding of baby lead weaning
What Sarah provide’s with her service
- A Citroen C4 Grand Picasso with 7 seats.
- 3 Britax five point harness car seats, can be rearward or forward up to 4 years, another rear ward birth to 18 months then forward till 4 years and one for 9 months to 12 years forward facing only.
- 1 Britax high back booster
- A double (side by side) pushchair plus cosy toes and rain cover (Nipper 360 twin)
- A single 3 wheeler (petit star Zia+)
- A Triple/Quad pushchair (Lots of Babies)
- A Lascal buggy board
- 3 little life back packs
All pushchairs lie completely flat for independent sleep as OFSTED requests.